Aluprof offers the MB-78EI system-based transparent, fire-rated wall solution, the so-called muntin-free walls. This allows for the construction of internal partitions walls without the visible vertical wall profiles that separate the individual modules of the wall, while preserving their full fire resistance.
The joint between the glass panes is only 4 mm and is filled with fireproofing, intumescent material, and with non-inflammable silicone. The silicone is available in three colours (black, grey or white). The partition walls can thus have a height up to 3,6 m with modules’ width up to 1.8 m. Fire tests performed on these partition walls by the Poland’s Building Research Institute (ITB) included the so-called “free-edge model”, so there is no limit on the maximum length of this type of walls.
MB-78EI Muntin-free system brings you virtually unlimited design and construction possibilities of very large internal partition walling. Thanks to the transparent modules, all the constructions fabricated using this system make your interiors optically bigger. Our system also provides security by allowing the arrangement of the building’s fire zones, thus ensuring appropriate conditions for the evacuation of people.
- our solution has been designed and then tested at the ITB in two fire-rating classes: EI30 and EI60
- joint width between the modules is only 4 mm
- max wall height is 3,6m
- max. width of a single module is 1,8 m
- unlimited width of single walls,
- constructions have been tested with hardened glass, that are much stronger and more resistant to impact than not-hardened glass.